Cleaning is an Essential Service
The State Orders issued in response to the COVID-19 pandemic at the end of March stopped all non-essential business operations in Illinois until further notice. But public health officials have also stressed the importance of maintaining clean and sanitized premises to eliminate contamination spread, reduce stress, and therefore improve health. So, what does this mean for a cleaning service?
Along with electricians, plumbers and other “critical trades”, cleaning, in many cases, is still considered an essential service. Sometimes we serve clients who for number of reasons are unable to clean their homes by themselves. We also help maintain a few “essential business” properties that require cleaning and sanitizing to function. So yes: whenever necessary and possible we are open for business. Nevertheless, some rules of our working changed. If you need responsible and dependable cleaning service check the guidance we currently follow:
- We wear boots, gloves, and masks
- We clean and sanitize our tools and supplies after each job
- If desired, our clients can provide their own cleaning supplies and devices
- We prefer to clean when there are no occupants present. If this is not an option, we maintain required distance
- No worker that may be at risk or unhealthy will be sent to clean
We hope to hear from you soon. In the meantime, wash your hands and stay healthy!